Toxic Tip! MSGPosted: March 27, 2011
- MSG is the most widely used flavor enhancer in the world, yet it has no nutritional value or flavor of its own.
- MSG is found in….well, pretty much everything processed. Fast food and restaurant foods, packaged and frozen foods, condiments, protein powders, infant formula and most processed food for children.
- MSG is an excitotoxin. What does this mean? Excitotoxins cause harm to the nervous system and cause damage to the brain. Children’s brains are affected when consuming formula or mother’s milk with MSG by damaging the development of the nervous system so that years later they may have learning, emotional, or hormonal problems.
- Interesting fact! Because there are no naturally obese rats and mice, MSG is used to create obese lab rats and mice for scientist to use in test studies for diet and diabetes medications.
- Why is MSG in everything and the government isn’t doing anything about it? Money. You will start to learn that the government allows harmful chemicals in food and body products because it is all about money. We suffer from symptoms while the medical and drug industries get rich on selling medicine to “cure” us from such things like asthma, headaches, heart irregularities, diabetes, depression, cancer, etc.
Common short term symptoms:
- Facial pressure or tightness
- Numbness, tingling or burning in face, neck and other areas
- Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
- Chest pain
Chances are, the food you are eating has MSG in it if you see one of the below ingredients on the food label, as MSG has many aliases. Who knew!
- vegetable protein
- natural flavoring
- hydrolyzed vegetable protein
- soy protein isolate
- malt extract
- barley malt
I would have never thought that “spices” or “seasonings” meant that there was a harmful chemical in my food. If the ingredients label does not specify the herbs and spices in the food, then most likely you are consuming harmful chemicals to mimic natural flavors. Don’t eat blindly, get to know your ingredients so that you can make informed decisions about what you are putting into your body. There is also a list of books on my resource page that go into detail on these chemicals. Check them out!
Read more about MSG and other toxic food additives here:
Avoid fast food and carry out as much as possible as well as packaged processed foods. Know how to read food labels and avoid anything with food additives.